“Nonlinear Phenomena in Bose Condensates and Optical Systems”
August 14-17, 2018, Tashkent, UZBEKISTAN
The conference is intended for discussion of recent results and interchange of ideas on nonlinear phenomena in Bose-Einstein condensates and optical systems. The Conference is organized and hosted by Physical-Technical Institute of the Uzbek Academy of Sciences, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in cooperation with the Optical Society of America (OSA) and the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy. The format of the Conference will be a combination of review lectures and short (15-20 min.) presentations. We encourage a participation of students and young researchers. A prize $150 (provided by OSA) will be awarded to the best student presentation. A limited number of travel grants (provided by ICTP) will be available for young researches from developing countries.
Nonlinear dynamics in optical fibers; Integrable systems in BECs and nonlinear optics.
Dissipative solitons in waveguides and lasers; Parity-time symmetric systems.
Solitons in photonic crystals, plasmonic structures, gratings and metamaterials.
Propagation of pulses in non-uniform and disordered media; Topological photonics.
Nonlinear processes in spin-orbit coupled and dipolar BECs.
1. *Mark Ablowitz, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
2. Alejandro Aceves, South Methodist Univ., USA
3. *Nail Akhmediev, Australian National Univ. Canberra, Australia
4. Guoxiang Huang, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
5. Claudio Conti, Univ. Sapienza, Rome, Italy
6. Josselin Garnier, Ecole Polytechnique, France
7. Yaroslav Kartashov, Institute for Spectroscopy RAS, Moscow, Russia
8. Panayotis Kevrekidis, Univ. of Massachusetts, USA
9. Yuri Kivshar, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
10. Vladimir Konotop, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
11. *Stefano Longhi, The Polytechnic Institute of Milan, Italy
12. Andrei Maimistov, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Moscow, Russia,
13. Fedor Mitschke, Univ. of Rostock, Germany
14. Mario Salerno, University of Salerno, Italy
15. Lauro Tomio, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brasil
16. Stefan Wabnitz, Universita di Brescia, Italy
17. *Vladimir Zakharov, Landau Inst. for Theoretical Physics, Moscow, Russia
* To Be Confirmed
Abstract submission: May 20, 2018
Abstract acceptance notification: May 31, 2018
Registration: July 15, 2018
If you plan to participate in the Conference, please send us an email with a tentative title of your presentation before April 20, 2018. A full abstract should be sent by e-mail to the Organizing Committee (email@example.com) before May 20, 2018. The abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and the authors will be notified on the acceptance after May 31, 2018.
The abstract should be less than one page in length (A4), 2 cm for all margins, and an interval of 1.5 lines. Please, provide a descriptive title, authors’ names, affiliations, email address, and abstract text.
All registered participants (except of invited lecturers, and those selected by the Organizing Committee for the ICTP support) are expected to pay a registration fee that covers a conference set, coffee-breaks, and lunches. An amount of the registration fee will be provided in the Second Announcement.
Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan, a country in the heart of Central Asia. A visit to Samarkand, a city of great scientist Ulugbek (1394–1449), is planned. Tashkent has many theatres, museums, art exhibitions and historical places.
Obtaining a visa can take some time. Please plan your travel well in advance and allow sufficient time to apply for a visa. Participants from CIS countries do not need visa. If you need visa support, please, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Fatkhulla Kh. Abdullaev,
Phys.-Tech. Inst., Tashkent, Uzbekistan
University of Salerno, Italy
International Organizing Committee
1. Nail Akhmediev, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
2. Chris Eilbeck, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
3. Guoxiang Huang, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
4. Falk Lederer, Friedrich-Schiller University, Jena, Germany
5. Fedor Mitschke, University of Rostock, Rostok, Germany
6. Lauro Tomio, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brasil
7. Stefan Wabnitz, Universita di Brescia, Italy
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.